Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Selig / Eames lounge knock-off project

I had restored one of these Eames lounge knock-offs last year. Found another one on craigslist last week for a ridiculously good price so I grabbed it for a friend. I'm redoing it for him [this time in white] to put in his Palm Springs place. Overall it's in great shape - missing a screw here and there but no big. The back support screws have come thru the plywood but that will be an easy fix with some washers:
I've removed the cushions - a hideous butterscotch vinyl with off-white trim[!] and they'll be off to the upholsterors today. More restoration pics coming!


2 comments:

  1. how much, if you dont mind me asking, does it cost to reupholster one of these, i'm sure it varies depending on the material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind at all - I'm having this one done in a basic textured vinyl. Cost is about $250. Pretty reasonable I think...

    ReplyDelete