Friday, July 23, 2010

Hi-Fi update

Well, I couldn't get the turntable to function properly so I removed it and am taking it in for repairs. Fred at Classic Audio Repair in San Diego patiently walked me through removing the unit [over the phone!] so I could bring it in. I had no clue as to how to remove it but he was spot on with how to get it out properly. So, it's off to him tomorrow and hopefully won't cost too much more than I paid for it.
And now I know why the FM Stereo wasn't working - no multipex adapter! [but there is a dead spider]
Apparently back then, since FM stereo was not widely broadcast, stereo consoles were manufactured without the multiplex adaptor included and you could add the unit at a later date or at date of purchase I suppose. I believe my chances are pretty slim on finding one, but I'll try.

No comments:

Post a Comment